ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Flying United to Hawaii via SQ award ticket - can I have an overnight layover?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Daniel12345, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Daniel12345

Daniel12345 Reader

My preferred route is RSW-DEN-OGG.

There is saver space on both legs, but the RSW-DEN flight (1X per day) gets in after DEN-OGG departs.

So, will SQ let me book this within 24 hours but with an overnight layover? United won't allow it. But will SQ?

Thanks.

In case clarification is needed, I want to book:
    1/22/17 4pm RSW-DEN on United metal, saver award avail.
    1/23/17 11am DEN-OGG on United metal, saver award avail.

On one SQ award ticket using 17.5k miles. Thanks!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Have you tried searching for your itinerary on SQ's website? They've updated their search to show partner awards. (Though all partners might not yet be available online - I believe they're gradually adding more)

3. Daniel54321

Daniel54321 New Member

Thanks, David. I just tried on SQ website and it is not showing any of the UA availability.

4. Daniel54321

Daniel54321 New Member

Update: SQ *did* let me ticket this at 17.5k miles but is charging $250 USD in fees, whereas my GF's ticket (DEN-OGG no connection) was $5 in fees. Why?

They are claiming "airport fees" because of the connection, but how are airport fees $245?

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

can you replicate the ticket on the ITA fare matrix? that'll show you what taxes and fees are associated with the ticket.

6. Daniel54321

Daniel54321 New Member

Thanks. I believe SQ is sneaking in 2 of their $100 'stopover fees.' One connection is overnight because there is only one flight per day to each location, so I think they are adding the $100 there. The other connection is 3 hours 45 minutes, so there should not be a fee there. I am trying to figure it out.