ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Flyer program

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Andrew Holmes, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

Hello. I have ended with a Korean air code share booking that will use a JAL flight from Tokyo then an Emirates flight to Dubai. Emirates is in 1st class, JAL economy. I then have a Cathay business flight to Bahrain booked as Cathay. Can you advise if I can claim JAL Mileage for all flights or need to use Emirates and/or join the Korean air program?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I want to clarify to be sure we understand your flights.

Ticket #1 = US (?) to Tokyo JAL economy connecting to Emirates F to Dubai. This was purchased via Korean Air.

Ticket #2 = ?? to Bahrain on Cathay booked via Cathay.

If that's correct then you should be able to use your JAL number on both tickets for all segments.

3. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. The JAL flight is Tokyo to Seoul but Korean ticketed as is the Seoul to Dubai but an Emirates plane. Cathay is a cathay ticket. The return is Emirates 1st class Bahrain to Dubai (Emirates flight) then same back to Seoul (1st class Emirates plane) and Tokyo (Korean Air) being a Korean airlines ticketed flight. So if the JAL mileage best to use then great and/or Emirates.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I would check wheretocredit based on the airline you are flying and class of service to see options for crediting the miles.

5. Andrew Holmes

Andrew Holmes New Member

Agreed so have ensured all frequent flyer program are joined. Bit frustrating flying Emirates 1st class and cannot even get my seats assigned as a code share with Korean. In reality assigning to Korean could be the better option as no one can confirm I can credit your JAL.