ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

First Class to Dubai

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jim Hlavacek, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Jim Hlavacek

Jim Hlavacek New Member

Lucky,

My wife and I want to visit Dubai sometime between November and April.

We have miles/points with the following:

AA
    AK
    LH
    AV
    Starwood
    Membership Rewards.

One way we would want to go on Emirates for the experience and the shower. The other way we are open to what's the best value for miles/points. I did see a routing from Dubai with TG to BKK-NRT, then ANA to SFO, but did not see a routing the other way from SFO to Dubai.

What do you recommend?

Thanks,

Jim Hlavacek

PS: Love your reporting!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

AA/AK/LH/AV dont partner with Emirates so that's out. AA partners with Etihad, which has showers on board though Emirate's does it better.

Starwood can transfer to JAL and Korean Air, but round trip is required and there are fuel surcharges. They also transfer to AS but mileage rates are high.

Membership Rewards transfers to Emirates but they charge a lot in mileage and fees.

AA is good for travel on Cathay and JAL - if you find award space, it'll be a great use of the miles.

AV great for TG, ANA, EVA and Asiana. You may also be able to find routes via Europe on Turkish, Lufthansa, Swiss or Austraian

MR transfers to Virgin Atlantic and redeeming for round trip ANA is a fantastic use of those points. Also consider transferring to Singapore Airlines, if you can find award space.