ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

EY Flight Cancelled...Options?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jason Winland, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Jason Winland

Jason Winland Reader

I’m booked in F on EY from DFW->AUH->BKK (AUH-> BKK in J) in June with AA miles. Since the DFW->AUH segment has been cancelled, what responsibility does AA have in rebooking me? Am I stuck with whatever award space is left at this point? I’m open to going TPAC, but want to know what AA’s responsibility is before I call them. At this point, finding any premium spac to BKK seems unlikely. Thanks for the help.

2. Jason Winland

Jason Winland New Member

I’m booked in F from DFW->AUH->BKK (AUH->BKK in J) in June with AA miles. Since the DFW->AUH is now cancelled, what responsibility does AA have in rebooking me? Am I stuck with whatever award space is left at this point? I’m open to going TPAC, but want to know what AA’s responsibility is before I call them. Thanks for the help.

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Call AA and EY on a three way call and see if they can rebook you on the EY flights from JFK or IAD on EY with the short connecting flights on AA. Since your flight is cancelled, the airlines should work together to get to your destination and whether there is award space should not matter.

Tiffany and MidSouth Skier like this.
  4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

While that's technically true, I would expect a lot of frustration given the state of EY-AA relations and that EY is specifically blaming AA for the flight being canceled. I would have some backup suggestions in place with other AA partners. I think the canned AA response will be that they cannot control partner award space so be prepared for a few rounds of HUCA.

No Name and Tiffany like this.