ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Emirates economy seating - best spot/s?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kathy Du n, May 15, 2017.

1. Kathy Du n

Kathy Du n Reader

Hey, Ben...
    We are traveling JFK to Milan in October. Have to do this economy, but are hopeful the Emirates experience is better than average for that price. My husband is larger (not huge) and has 2 artificial knees, so trying to get a good economy seat is the goal. I understand the Airbus A380-800 is the plane for this route.
    Do you have thoughts?/advice on which economy seats are better than others?
    Thx!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I found the Emirates economy experience to be very good when I flew them on the same route a couple of years ago. A bulkhead seat is probably best, followed by an aisle seat. Depending on load factors, you may have a row of 4 seats to yourselves where you can stretch out, which is what I was able to do on a DXB-JFK flight in Emirates Economy.

4. tcullen

tcullen New Member

Seats 68A or 68K (or 81A/81K) are the best economy seats on the EK A380. They are both window seats however the row in front only has two seats which are in front of the aisle and middle seat (as opposed to the standard 3 in the 3-4-3 configuration). Therefore you have the window to lean against and also some legroom with no seat in front. Also easier to get out as you don't need to disturb the pax beside you.

I'm not sure if it is still possible to book these online but maybe at the airport.

5. Rohit Deshpande

Im assuming the TV and tray table come out of the arm rest for this seat, but where is the power plug on this seat, if any?

6. tcullen

tcullen New Member

Yes they come out of the arm rest. The power outlet is also located in the arm rest as far as I can remember.