ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Emirates Chauffeur rides

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ShipDoc, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ShipDoc

ShipDoc Reader

We are two passengers frying with Emirates September 15; I made reservation for the Chauffeur pickup in Milan to our hotel. There was no spot to indicate both of us will be in the car. Is it understood that both passengers will be along for the ride (both are on the same ticket and both are first class.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

That wont be a problem - two passengers are fine and you dont need to specifically tell them so.

On an AA award ticket on EY F from AUH-JFK, my friend and I were on one ticket but we were able to request two separate chauffeurs since he and I were heading to different places upon landing at JFK.

On another EY F award from SIN-AUH, my friend was traveling alone and requested EY's chauffeur pickup. At the last minute, she had family that was heading to the airport at the same time to travel elsewhere. The chauffeur had no issues allowing two additional people in the car to the airport.

3. Andrew2017

Andrew2017 New Member

Sorry - I'm very confused. I thought EK did not allow Chauffeur service on an award ticket? I have two upcoming EK F flights. I can book chauffeur service on my return (DXB to JFK) but not on my outbound (IAD to DXB).

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I am assuming that reservations were allowed that this is a paid ticket. Maybe the original poster can clarify.

5. David W

Sorry - EK only has chauffeur service on paid tickets now, and I assumed OP had a paid ticket because they have already made a chauffeur booking. I was noting my own experience with chauffeur service on EY when it was allowed for award bookings - the service has now been drastically cut.

Essentially, if you're on an EK J or F paid ticket, you can get chauffeur service and you do not need to state how many passengers you have, though I would recommend that if you have more than 2 persons in your party to let the airline know so that they can make the proper arrangements.

6. Andrew2017

Andrew2017 New Member

Thanks - one follow up: I assume the link in my EK account allowing me to book chauffeur rides for my two award flights is an error?

7. David W

Probably is. I think that even if you tried the link, it'd return an error when trying to confirm a chauffeur reservation

Tiffany likes this.