ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Earning MeliaRewards Points

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Samuel_Traveler, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Hi..

I'm planning a family trip to a Melia Hotel and would like to earn Melia Rewards points, so that our family of four can stay in a decent sized room

Are there airline miles that I can earn and transfer ? Or Hotel Points ? Or Citi Thank You Points. Looks like I can use AMEX Rewards Points and transfer them to MeliaRewards but there's only so much I can earn thru the AMEX Gold Rewards, without paying an annual fee on the Platinum AMEX

Thanks a lot in advance

-Sam

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like they have very many options (https://www.melia.com/en/meliarewards/partners/mas-partners.html)

Maybe you can offset the cost of your trip by using points for the flights to get wherever you are going?

Or, alternatively, if you don't want a large annual fee like the Platinum AMEX, they are plenty of low-fee or no-fee options that offer cashback, which you could use to wipe the balance of the hotel room.

No Name likes this.
  3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Or you could use the Barclay's Arrival Plus card. You can accumulate points before you go and once the hotel charge appears on your bill you have 120 days to continue to accumulate points. Once you've built up enough points to cover the charge (or you're approaching the 120 day deadline) you can apply the points against the charge for a statement credit. This is what I do for cruises and package tours.

No Name likes this.