ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Industry News / Opinions Dual citizenship?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Cole, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Cole

Cole Member

Has Lucky ever done and article explaining how he met the criteria, or about the process of obtaining his German passport? I meet the requirements to obtain dual citizenship with Germany but was wondering about the process and how long it takes and any hurdles associated with the process.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

3. Gia

Gia Active Member

I can only speak for my process in obtaining Italian Citizenship by descent. Fifteen years ago, it took me four years and about $4,000 for myself and the seven members of my family. I know it costs more now and takes longer. With the migrant crisis in the EU and Brexit, Germany and Italy are getting a lot of citizenship requests. The German Embassy or your local Consulate should have more information for you. Good luck.

No Name likes this.
  4. Cole

Cole Member

Thanks Gaurav and Gia