ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Delta CC change T&C on Free Checked Bag?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by HoneyDew, Dec 20, 2017.

1. HoneyDew

HoneyDew New Member

Does anyone have recent data points on the delta gold amex cc waiving the fee for the first checked bag? I thought it was linked to the primary card holders FF# and you didn't need to purchase the tickets with the card. Upon closer review I'm seeing language where it says the purchase must be made with the card to waive the first checked bag.

Anyone?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Haven't heard anything. What is the language you're seeing?

3. HoneyDew

HoneyDew New Member

As a benefit of Card Membership, you can check your first bag free on Delta flights booked with your Card. You can save up to $50 on a round-trip Delta flight per person.1

But when you look at the T&C directly it just says the card members FF number has to be on the reservation. So I guess it's not required to use the card but they're using all the language they can to make it appear that you do.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

The united card has had that restriction for a while but I've never heard of it being on the DL card. Hard to tell without a non-elite trying it out or finding an older version of the application.

5. HoneyDew

HoneyDew New Member

Well I'll let you know. In 3 weeks I'll be flying DL BE one way to YVR. I don't know yet if I'll have to check a bag but if I do we'll see what happens.

6. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

That would be great!