ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Delta and its partners

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Yukon, May 31, 2018.

1. Yukon

Yukon Member

I continue to be perplexed by Delta. My latest issue- I found award availability from Venice on Delta for 70k points. It went Venice to Paris on Air France, and Paris to LAX on Delta one. I tried booking this instead through Air France as I have Chase points and it would cost me ~365K points. What am I doing wrong/not getting here?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Probably the Paris > LAX segment on DeltaOne isn't being made available to partners, and so you were seeing a rule-buster award on an Air France-operated flight instead?

Since you have Chase points, you might want to see if the flights are bookable through Korean (they may or may not be). Alternatively, you could get to Paris separately, and the Delta segment is likely available through Virgin Atlantic.

Yukon likes this.
  3. Yukon

Yukon Member

Unfortunately I think I would need to fly roundtrip with Korean and Virgin. I guess I will see what else I can do. Thanks for your help.