ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

CSR travel delay protection

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tiberious, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Tiberious

Tiberious Reader

hi Lucky/all
    I was traveling the other day and took a voluntary bump from my flight ( I got an $800 voucher from the airline and was booked on another flight departing in 2 hours). The issue is the 2nd flight was later canceled due to weather and I wasn't rebooked until the next day. The ticket was an Award Ticket - but I paid the taxes on it with my CSR card. Net net is I decided to change my flight and that new flight got cancelled. Am I eligible for the trip delay coverage for my hotel and meals in this case since the other flight was cancelled due to weather? Or since I took a bump from my original flight does that negate it? Mind you I received no compensation from anyone for the 2nd flight I was booked on that was cancelled. Just for the original flight. Thank you

2. Tiberious

Tiberious New Member

H Lucky/all

I was traveling the other day and took a voluntary bump from my flight (I got an $800 voucher from the airline and was booked on another flight departing in 2 hours). The issue is the 2nd flight was later canceled due to weather and I wasn't rebooked until the next day. The ticket was an Award Ticket - but I paid the taxes on it with my CSR card. Net net is I decided to change my flight and that new flight got cancelled. Am I eligible for the trip delay coverage for my hotel and meals in this case since the other flight was cancelled due to weather? Or since I took a bump from my original flight does that negate it? Mind you I received no compensation from anyone for the 2nd flight I was booked on that was cancelled. Just for the original flight. Thank you

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Based on your description, I would think you still qualify. Are you asking out of curiosity, or did Chase deny your claim?

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Interesting case. I'm sure they are going to ask you for your original reservation details. Not sure how coverage extends if you voluntarily change your original reservation and how much that shows on your paperwork. Keep us posted!

5. Tiberious

Tiberious New Member

Im asking out of experience. it just happened recently and I was curious about peoples thoughts before I started the process. didn't want to waste the time if the overwhelming opinion was there was absolutely no chance. I would think though I would still qualify though as simply changing a reservation I would hope wouldn't nullify your protection from an original purchase. but then again, anything is possible. ill start it up and come back with the results!