ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards CSR (National Emerald Club)

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Woodrow, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Woodrow

Woodrow Active Member

Based off of Lucky's last post about "What to do when you receive your CSR", it was pointed out the benefit of receiving Executive status with National's Emerald Club, as well as a 25% Visa Infinite discount.

I followed the link through the UR portal and enrolled with EC. I then reserved the car I needed. Upon confirmation I noticed I could only select a vehicle from the Emerald row and not executive. I did however receive the 25% discount.

I called National and they said that I need to reach out to Chase. After contacting Chase credit card services, they transferred me to UR, then UR transferred me back to CC services. 45 minutes on the phone, bouncing around with Chase, CC services said they need to contact marketing for research and that someone would contact me in 5-7 days.

Now I am sure there will be a resolution, however I have a car rented next week that most likely will not be upgraded. (first world problems)

My main motivation behind this rant is to see if someone else had the same problem activating the Executive Level membership with EC through the Chase UR portal and how was it resolved?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Mmm, it shouldn't matter how you paid. When I first activated my Executive membership through Amex I remember needing to call National directly to get it done quickly. Enrolling through the link should work, but there's probably a lag as the companies communicate, so might not work as quickly as you need in this case.

I might call again, mention the benefit and how you have a upcoming reservation and your status isn't reflecting. I might even conference the two companies in together. But I'd not get into the details of how you're paying (with UR) as that isn't really relevant and could just confuse people.

Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

Woodrow likes this.
  4. Woodrow

Woodrow Active Member

I'm paying with my CSR, not points. Maybe I'll fill up on coffee and attempt round 2.

Sounds like I should probably start again with National? I was thinking there might be a delay, however through the link, the Visa Infinite 25% showed on the account immediately.

I'll report back when there is a resolution.

5. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

It wouldn't surprise me if the link was coded to give a discount, with the database merging to reflect the status upgrade being an entirely different process.

Woodrow likes this.