ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption CONSOLIDATED: Questions on booking Etihad First and Business with AA miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kathy, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a workaround at this time. Very annoying since this is a primary reason for me to collect AA miles...

2. dr.cool

dr.cool New Member

Can I redeem bkk-sin-auh-cdg-edi first class 90,000 mile one way? bkk-sin, cdg-edi in J

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, I think you have to travel on Qatar if you want to use AA miles and transit from Asia to Europe.

Also, there are no AA partners flying CDG to EDI. Cathay flies BKK to SIN, but I don't think you can tag a Cathay flight to an Etihad award.

I think you'd be looking at multiple awards if you need to do that routing.

dr.cool likes this.
  4. dr.cool

dr.cool New Member

Thank you rickyw
    I read rule of aa partner
    1. International flight can up to 4 segment in 1 award
    2.asia2 - europe can via doha if fly qatar airway

Can I plan bkk-sin -auh - lhr- edi?
    BKK - SIN by Cx J
    LHR - EDI by BA J

5. William Church

William Church New Member

You can route via ME/India with QR however if you decide to fly EY, it will result in two separate awards. Up to 4 segments. You can fly via AUH but it will be Asia 2-ME and ME-Europe will be priced separately. Also finding premium cabin space AUH-LHR has been very difficult over the past 3 months so unless its last minute, it may be difficult to secure a seat

Might I suggest CX BKK-HKG-LHR-EDI or QR BKK-DOH-LHR-EDI?

Tiffany likes this.
  6. dr.cool

dr.cool New Member

IMG_5552.PNG
    Thank you William Church
    I want to try first apartment. Can i use 90,000 mile aa for asia2- europe by EY? I see SIN is only Asia2 that EY have operate first class. I read now LHR is difficult to redeem for apartment, i route CDG instead.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  7. William Church

William Church New Member

No, it would be 2 awards. Singapore to AUH 50,000 miles (including connections) in First Class and AUH to Europe 62,500 miles in F so total 112,500. I'm sorry, I know its complex but AA doesn't consider EY in the same way as QR in regards to connections on award tix.

Yes, I recently did EY A380 to CDG, not sure if they're still flying it there but I highly recommend trying the apartments! 787 First Class from SIN also fantastic. Worth the miles!

Tiffany, rickyw and dr.cool like this.