ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Charging a laptop on 15 hour flights?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Zhamway, May 27, 2018.

1. Zhamway

Zhamway Reader

Can you give advice on how to charge & power a laptop on long-haul 15 hour flights? Specifically from Taipei/Tokyo/Seoul to North America?

Does the power onboard, say, a Boeing 777-300ER, have enough juice to charge at least a 15" laptop?

Any other good advice?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Many airplanes have regular 110v or 220v outlets, especially in premium cabins. Just be sure you have plug adapters with you.

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

It also depends on the airline and cabin class. Not all airlines will have power, and ones that do may not have it at each seat. For example, I think some of Cathay's 77Ws in economy have 2 outlets for each set of 3 seats.

Most airlines that do have power at each seat in premium cabins usually have international style plugs that's more than enough to power a laptop.

4. wilve

wilve Member

I’ve had problems from a lot of Economy outlets that work but won’t charge my laptop. Meanwhile, the premium cabin ones have always worked for me