ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Cathay Business or First

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MMM, Jun 18, 2018.

1. MMM

MMM Member

Does anyone know more recently how many days before departure does Cathay open up more Business or First class seats that’s bookable using Alaska points? I think I managed to get a first class seat 1.5 yrs ago, seven days before the flight. Is that still the case or is it only even closer in?

Wanting to go to HK & back on rather fixed dates in September. So far there are only seats in economy on the departure flight and no seats at all for the return date. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks.

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

It really depends on the route and the time of year. September will be tough for business class, as that's such a busy season for business travel.

If you don't have any flexibility with your dates, I hope you have wiggle room as to your origin/departure cities. I'd expect space to open up a day or two beforehand, realistically.