ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards CapitalOne Venture

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Steve S., Aug 4, 2015.

1. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

@Stav9678 - while you *can* do the UR => Marriott => AA conversion, it's at a very unfavorable rate. 10,000 Marriott points only nets you 2,000 AA miles

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morerew.mi

So I definitely wouldn't go this route. SPG is truly the best (and only, as far as I know) currency that can be transferred to AA and as mentioned above you get a 5K bonus for each 20K SPG points you transfer.

2. Stav9678

Stav9678 Member

I see what you mean here. so much to consider and think about. My thinking here is what Ben (Lucky) says he sign on for the Sign up Bonus get the miles or points and keep what cards if best for you and close the others. At this point I'm looking at how to get points and get them to AA miles or I can keep points that not very favorable to transfer and simply use them on hotels, etc.

I'm open to any ticks/tricks anyone can suggest. I would like to be able to get any points that I get to AA miles but if that's not a favorable transfer ratio like the Marriotts point to AA miles then I can keep the points for hotels and so forth but would you suggest would be the most flexible or best programs to use for points? UR?

3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Stav9678 you'll hear very often--the most flexible program is one that will meet your needs. If you needs are only AA miles, then UR isn't going to be much use :). You could just get started with AA--they have three cards of their own to churn, the personal, business, and executive. You can then add on SPG points. You might also look into MS for generating more points (read more of the frequent miler site that @MidSouth Skier linked you to.

4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Tiffany I was searching for that post earlier, just couldn't find it! :)