ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

CAN/US rewards cards

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Coach, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Coach

Coach New Member

Hey Lucky, Love your website.
    Question: I tour with bands, always on the road and always flying. A current Aeroplan Elite member and as i am sure you know, the Aeroplan rewards program is going to disappear in 2020. So I am trying to figure out what my best scenario would be to keep collecting points to fly.
    My main goal is just to keep collecting points as much as possible to use for flying myself and my family and keep my status with Air Canada as much as possible. My Travel agent suggests getting a rewards credit card that i can use for various airline carriers. Also, i am wondering if it makes sense to have both a Canadian rewards cards and a US rewards card as well to allow for usage on more carriers. I currently have a CAD AMEX aeroplan that i put all my utilities and expenses on but thats going to be usless when Aeroplan folds.
    Hope you can help.
    Thanks

2. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

@Coach

Welcome.

Do you have a US Social Security Number? Without a SSN it very difficult, but not impossible to get US credit cards.

3. Coach

Coach New Member

I do.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

It's not a bad thing to diversify, given the current unknowns around AC. You might consider crediting to United account where you can put your AC/*A miles but also accumulate through UA and UR credit card products.