ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Booking separate tickets; air-side check in

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ashe, Oct 11, 2017 at 6:24 PM.

1. ashe

ashe Reader

Maybe I am looking atthis all wrong; I am booking award tickets from HNL-ICN and then we wanted to buy revenue tickets from ICN-CMB. I understand the risk of begin out the paid ticket fare if there is a delay on my other booking but I am wondering assuming everything happens as scheduled how can I check in for our second flight when we arrive air-side into ICN since we will need our onward boarding pass for the separately booked flights. Sorry if this is poorly explained.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Most airlines allow online check in 24 hours in advance. Is this not an option for you?

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Are you flying the same airline or a different airline? If you're flying the same airline, they should be able to check you into both flights at HNL and check your bag to CMB. If you're flying different airlines, you should have no issues getting a boarding pass from the transit desk at ICN. If you have bags to check, you may need to retrieve them at ICN and check them again.