ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

best way to get lounge access

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by anneflyaway, Jun 26, 2018.

1. anneflyaway

anneflyaway Reader

Hello, I know that some credit cards offer lounge access. I am familiar with the American airlines/citicard that gives you access but the card membership fee is almost $500 per year. Is there a more cost effective way for lounge access? Also, do all lounges allow all travelers admission or do you have to fly a particular airline and only access that same airline lounge...thank you in advance for your help :)

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

The Citi AAdvantage Executive card includes an AAdmirals Club membership. Authorized users also receive access. It's worth it if you fly American quite a bit and wouldnt otherwise have access. You can add up to 10 authorized users at no cost.

Other cards like the Amex Platinum and Chase Sapphire come with Priority Pass, which grants you access into lounges at many airports. While the annual fee can be high, the cards also come with other perks that "reduce" the annual fee:

Amex Platinum comes with a $200 airline fee credit, $200 Uber credit and soon a $100 Saks Fifth Ave credit, all annually. Assuming you take advantage of these benefits, the $550 a year you're paying is really only $50 - and it includes other perks like Priority Pass, Amex Centurion Lounge access and Global Entry.

The Chase Sapphire card for $450 comes with a $300 travel credit each year, meaning you're really just paying $150 for a great rewards program, Priority Pass and Global Entry.

Each lounge has a different admissions policy - you'd have to look it up to determine whether you'd have access.

Tiffany and MidSouth Skier like this.