ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Best way to book Delta domestic with Ultimate Rewards

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Lindalew, May 18, 2017.

1. Lindalew

Lindalew Reader

I am new to the traveling with credit card miles/points game. I need to book a RT from Bemidji MN to Wichita KS. It look like Delta is the airline for Bemidji MN. I have only Ultimate Rewards that I would like to use if it will be good value. Can this be done? If so, how do I do this and get the most value?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

If there is Delta saver award space available, you can transfer points to either AirFrance/KLM Flying Blue or Korean Air SkyPass to book the tickets. Either program will cost 25k miles round trip.

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

There are a couple of UR transfer partners that would work with Delta: Flying Blue (the program for Air France & KLM) and Korean Air. The trick is you'd have to find partner award space. So before transferring any points I'd use either the Flying Blue or Korean Air website to see if they see award space.

If not, you could consider using your URs to book through the Chase portal. You'd earn (Delta) miles on that flight.