ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Best Credit Card For Air Canada

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JF13, Oct 29, 2017.

1. JF13

JF13 New Member

Up until recently I've been used the RBC Avion credit card for Air Canada. The main benefit to me is:

* 1 mile for ever $1 spent
    * $750 deducted from ANY fare and the difference paid plus 35,000 miles when tickets are booked two weeks in advance
    * Qualifying miles with Air Canada for tickets booked through the RBC desk.
    * Based on my flying pattern it costs me about 1.5% with this card

Air Canada has recently changed the rules and no longer provides qualifying miles for tickets purchased as per above.

RBC has now come out with the RBC Infinite Privilege with the following scheme. While there are more miles collected for dollars spent, based on my flying pattern it costs 2.3% or almost 1% more compared to the existing card. The main benefit with the new RBC card is that tickets purchased through RBC are counted as qualifying miles.

My goal is to get status each year with Air Canada.

For my travel needs, points are not as important because I have limited time for trips.

My question is if there is a better card that allows me to accumulate Air Canada qualifying miles at a rate that is the same or better than what I have now with the RBC Avion.

Thanks

JF

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@JF13, the audience here tends to be more US centric. Have you tried a more Canada focused blog like Canadian Kilometers?

No Name likes this.
  3. JF13

JF13 New Member

Hi Gaurav, I've reached out to Canadian Kilometers. Also open to insights from the many wise members here :)