ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Best choice for an upstairs 747 flight

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Viper, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Viper

Viper New Member

Hi all!

I have only been on a 747 when I was too young to remember. Before they are all retired I NEED to fly in a premium cabin on the top deck.

I live in the UK and wondering what is the shortest (expecting it to be cheaper) route I could fly in Business/First on the top deck? I have no particular airline preference.

Thanks!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Viper likes this.
  3. Viper

Viper New Member

You're a good man, thank you very much! That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. I'll get researching!!

4. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Just in case LH does not work out, your best bet for a premium cabin will probably be BA when they have a sale.

Virgin Atlantic fleet of B747's is going down in size rapidly, plus they only have premium economy and economy on the top deck.
    https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/virgin-experience/our-fleet.html
    That said the VA economy seat is probably the cheapest way to try flying on the top deck. I see fares of £454 R/T Gatwick to Orlando in Florida next month.

5. wilve

wilve Member

Near the UK, British Airways, Lufthansa, and KLM are going to be the most convenient. KLM biz is 62,500 FlyingBlue miles, Lufthansa is 50,000 Aeroplan miles (transfer from AMEX), and British Airways’ cost in miles depends on the length.

I’d recommend KLM above the others, despite the larger cost in miles

6. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

@wilve

He lives in Britain, highly unlikely that he access to US credit cards with easy to earn miles.

By cheaper I assumed he meant price in cash.

But a good recommendation regard the KLM B747.