ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Best airline for San Diego-based travelers

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by SanDiego, Nov 30, 2017.

1. SanDiego

SanDiego Reader

I just moved to San Diego and am deciding which airline to use for business travel in 2018. I fly about 25,000 miles per year and am a lowest-tier elite member on United ("Premier Silver"). United has a presence in San Diego, but it seems like Alaska, Southwest, and maybe American have more flights from here. Thoughts on pros/cons of these airlines? Is it worth being loyal to one to qualify for elite status or should I just fly whatever's most convenient/cheapest?

Thanks!

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hi! Where will you be flying to? That's going to make a bigger difference.

In general though, I think that anyone flying less than 75k miles a year should be loyalty agnostic, and leverage credit cards and other opportunities instead.

rickyw and Rob in Miami like this.