ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

BA check-in opening at HKG

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by BA check-in at HKG, May 26, 2018.

1. I’m flying from Hong Kong to Heathrow tomorrow on BA32 departing at 11:10 p.m. I’d like to go to the airport quite early to enjoy the CX lounges, but I’m not sure how early BA check-in opens. I’m guessing it’s only open 3 hours ahead of the flight. Does anyone know? (My flight is the earlier of the two nightly BA departures.)

Also, if BA does only open 3 hours ahead, would Cathay Pacific be able to check me in instead of BA, or does it have to be BA since I’m on their plane?

Thanks!
    John

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

BA has to check you in. I suggest trying the "In-Town" Check in at the HK or Kowloon MTR stations. They may be able to check you in earlier than when the BA counters open at HKIA