ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating Asiana vs korean air business class, out of Seattle

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by BRUUUCE, Nov 13, 2017.

1. BRUUUCE

BRUUUCE Reader

Hello,
    I'm 6'3. The two airlines that fit my schedule/budget are Asiana and Korean Air. I would like to sleep during my flight. How is Korean Air vs Asiana in terms of flat bed, comfort and privacy. I see Asiana got revamped in 2015 but the middle seats look a little too close to each other. I can't find any info on the korean air 777s and if they've been "renewed: recently.

Thanks!

2. Richard on Dauntless

I flew SFO-ICN-SGN a few weeks ago on KE in J. I'm only 5'9" but found plenty of length, it was the 773 with staggered seats. Windows provide more privacy and are a better experience than aisle IMHO. Seating is 2-2-2. the middle 2 are not staggered, so good for couples.
    One thing to think about is that ICN is still 6 hours from SGN. Westbound I've taken the midday flight from the west coast 3 times this and I've finally understood the issue for me is that I end up awake for most of the flat bed segment, then am most tired on the last 6 hr segment with only normal recline.

However, the most recent trip, the ICN-SGN also had flat bed seats, so I was able to sleep 5 of the 6 hour flight.

Never tried Asiana because must stay with Skyteam.