ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Are AA 500 Mile Upgrades worth anything I have 220 of them

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by priorprior, Oct 12, 2017.

1. priorprior

priorprior New Member

Are 500 AA upgrades worth anything I have 220 of them

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I remember reading in the past that they could be exchanged for 500 AA miles. I don't know if that was urban myth or not?

4. David W

Not sure about that - I haven't seen anything that confirms that. Would be nice if it was true - I have 6 left out of 10 of the 500-mile upgrades myself, when AA gifted me Gold status for 3 months.

Rob in Miami likes this.
  5. Luis

Luis Member

lol wow. I would guess they are worth something if you're allowed to apply them for other people.

6. David W

You can - but only if you're traveling together and they are on the same PNR you are on.

Additionally, EXP members can also use these upgrades on AA award tickets, provided that they are traveling within North America on American