ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Anyone know what's up with Austrian award availability?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by SeattleTodd, Oct 10, 2017.

1. SeattleTodd

SeattleTodd Member

Hi,

As luck would have it, just days before the date I needed to book VIE-LAX became bookable Austrian introduced Premium Economy and slashed business class award availability from plenty to none in one swoop. Can't find any availability to the US for any dates remotely in the future.

Now economy awards seem to have disappeared for many but not all dates.

This seems to be the case for Miles&More members too.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Are they in some transitional state for award availability? Or is this the official beginning of a new award availability policy where basically there is none?

Thanks,
    Todd

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I dont think much has changed since you last posted about this. It could just be that they are adjusting availability based on the release of Prem Econ and it's taking time for them to add more J space.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that its a new policy of little award space - space changes all the time and it's really just about constantly checking. Assuming this does not pan out, do you have a back up?