ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Anyone know if I’ll get Amex $200 travel credit for Alaska...

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MMM, Jan 3, 2018.

1. MMM

MMM Member

I read on Flyer Talk that gift cards no longer work for Alaska. So I’m wondering if I can get my ticket to be under $100, if you think Amex Plat will credit that as part of my $200 credit? I want to say it did that automatically last year on my account for a cheap ticket but can’t be certain. Don’t see much talk about that on Flyer either. Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Per this post from Frequent Miler, gift cards no longer work but if you can get the ticket under $100 (or use gift cards to pay the amount over $100) it might work.

MMM and Gaurav like this.
  3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

And Alaska also offers the travel bank so you can cancel your ticket and then use the funds towards a future trip within a year (so in effect a one year gift card). Make sure you read the fine print on this option in case you decide to try it.

4. MMM

MMM Member

Can you please explain this because I usually buy the cheapest non refundable ticket so I thought if you don’t use it, you lose it? Thanks!

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member