ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Any card to get me to AA Platinum?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rohit Deshpande, May 24, 2018.

1. Rohit Deshpande

So I was targeted for AA's free Platinum status promotion and I have some important question regarding it that I need help answering. I have free platinum status through September 7th of this year. But if I reach a certain requirement, I can keep the status through Jan of 2020 which would be awesome. The requirement is 12,500 EQMs and $1500 EQDs. I have a trip that I booked a while back for this summer and the earnings are shown in the screenshot below. As you can see, I will easily surpass the EQM requirement. However the EQD is a problem. I'll still be about $700 short. Is there an AA card I can use to waive the spend requirement by the 7th of September or will I just simply have to fly and spend that much more with the airline in order to earn the miles. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also does premium cabin travel earn any bonus EQDs or is it all 1 to 1 based on dollars spent? Thanks a lot and looking forward to your answers.

Attached Files:

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

3. Rohit Deshpande

Uh Oh does this mean I have to spend $25K by september to get the 3K PQDs if I were to do that? If so, then my only real feasible option is to fly somewhere to get the remaining PQDs? Thanks again!

4. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Yep, you do. Check flyertalk - there might be a decent deal on a flight to get you EQDs.

Or do this:
    upload_2018-5-24_10-7-28.png

$1133 EQDs, 9064 redeemable miles, and 16408 EQMs

5. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I don’t have first hand knowledge but I am going to assume for a status challenge you have to earn the actual EQD’s by flying, and they won’t recognize any sort of credit card bonus. I’d make sure to read the T&C of your challenge... and probably end up taking David’s suggestion of a mileage/status run...

Rob in Miami likes this.
  6. lkar

lkar New Member

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I’ve read that credit card EQD don’t count for AA status challenge EQD.

rickyw likes this.
  7. Rohit Deshpande

Looks like a good deal, I will definitely look at this....thanks david!!

8. Rohit Deshpande

sounds good thanks for the clarification!