ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Amex airline fee benefit -- which airline will allow gift cards?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Nadine Franks, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Nadine Franks

Nadine Franks New Member

I am looking at changing my airline that i receive the amex/gold and plat annual airline reimbursement fee. I know amex and the airlines constantly change what fees count -- does anyone know which airlines definitely allow gift cards or shopping to be reimbursed?
    thanks and happy new year.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

In addition, since this stuff keeps changing, FT is a good place to check before you charge. There are discussions for each airline and people are regularly submitting data points so it's more up to date.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. philwupdx

philwupdx New Member

Just this past week before 12/31, I purchased two $50 Delta gift cards and had them almost instantly reimbursed as soon as they posted to my Platinum account.