ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Alaska's new luggage restrictions

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Lauriedisney, May 31, 2018.

1. Lauriedisney

Lauriedisney Reader

I fly Alaska Airlines a lot. I realize that their explanation for the luggage size reduction is because those going onto United, Delta, etc., are subject to the smaller luggage size. 1) If I am just on an Alaska only itinerary to a non-stop destination, such as Eugene-Seattle, or Eugene-San Jose, where I can use their a la carte service, can I still use the 24" high bag? 2) If I'm going from Eugene-Seattle on Delta, and then onto a Delta flight to Paris (CDG), what is the luggage size I can carry on? It seems there is a little more leeway for international flights, but I don't want a problem from Eugene-Seattle.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I havent really known AS to use the bag sizer at all, so i think youre safe.