ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Alaska

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tar_00, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Tar_00

Tar_00 Member

Hi - I was looking at a status match to Alaska from AA Platinum and had a question in relation to it: I have an upcoming flight on Singapore Airlines and based upon status qualification on Alaska - do I earn qualifying miles for every mile flown and do I also earn bonus qualifying miles flying business class? And secondly, based on the chart, will I earn 325% miles crediting to Alaska (J class - 225% plus 100% for MVP Gold)?

Thank you!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Check your booked fare class, but you are correct.

100% of flown miles will count towards elite status. If your business class ticket is Z C or J, then you have another 25% of flown miles that count toward elite status. If your fare class is U or D, then there is no other bonus that count towards elite status. You will earn an additional 100% bonus miles for business class and another 100% for being MVP Gold, if you fly and credit the flights AFTER you have matched status.

Gia likes this.