ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

AF Flying Blue 50% Bonus for buying points.

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Steve Sorko, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Steve Sorko

Steve Sorko New Member

I am most interested in your views Lucky on the e-mail I just got from Air France offering a 50% bonus miles bonus until December 31st for buying additional Flying Blue Points? I have started collecting them flying Business Class from Vancouver to Europe using smoking deals I found through my Canadian bank points based VISA card. Buying extra points does look very expensive with AF/KL, even with a 50% bonus and not as good as the Alaskan 40% deal which allowed me to top-up enough for cheap points for business class flights to Asia on affiliated airlines. With the new Flying Blue points program you highlighted I am also wondering if I should be focusing on building points with them?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

@Steve Sorko, welcome. What does the price per mile work out to be? Hard to advise without knowing that. In general though, airline mileage sales tend to only be worthwhile if you have an immediate high value use for the miles, not as a speculative purchase.

No Name likes this.