ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Advise please

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Levpro, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Levpro

Levpro Reader

Hello All,

I have various points and glad to own these, but probably should start spending it somehow... I’m not planning much personal travel in the near future (may consider vacation trip in Europe - I reside in Europe), probably cash/gift card is appreciated the most. Can you advise what would make the most sense? I have the following:
    Miles and more 100000
    Hyatt 6000
    Hilton 90000 - last activity March 2017, but points still shows (expires in 12 month?)
    Marriott 110000
    BA 150000
    Air France 140000

Thanks for your help,

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Miles & More would be good for Lufthansa First. I;m not sure if you need to me an M&M elite member to access LH F space earlier than partners though.

With Hyatt you could do a free night at a Category 1 hotel, or points and cash for Categories 1-3.

You might be able to get 1 night at a top tier Hilton property, or spread out the points across a few nights at a lower tier property.

I'd consider using AF points to fly business class to Asia and then using BA Avios to fly Cathay First out of HK, as flights out of HK cant have fuel surcharges.