ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption AAdvantage Milesavers different segments

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by TVHOA, Apr 10, 2018.

1. TVHOA

TVHOA Reader

I have a question regarding redeeming AAdvantage Milesavers awards directly via the AA website.

Sometimes I see a good Milesaver award is avail (Business or 1st) but then when you look at the details Only some of the segments are Business or 1st while others are Econ :(

How do you get ALL the segments of a trip to redeem and book into Business or 1st ?

For example for SFO -> LIM, the SFO -> MIA leg might be econ while Only the MIA -> LIM leg is Business or 1st ...

thx

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Really depends on whether AA releases the space or not. Try searching by segment, like SFO-MIA and then MIA-LIM and see what you can find then piece the award together.

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

And say you get the longhaul segment in business but only economy for the positioning flights. You can always monitor space and if business class becomes available on the other segments just call AA to get upgraded on those legs for no extra charge.