ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating A340-300 Airbus vs. 747-81 Business Class from SAN to Frankfurt on LA?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Moqueen Mc, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Moqueen Mc

Moqueen Mc Reader

We are taking our family to Oslo to meet a cruise ship for our 50th wedding anniversary this summer. Trying to decide between the A 340-300 Airbus business class leaving conveniently from San Diego or driving two hours to LAX to catch a Boeing 747-81 business class with perhaps my husband and I upgrading further to 1st. Is it worth the extra hassle? We would fly non stop from either SAN or LAX to Frankfurt then on to Oslo. Our children would fly business class on either plane and there are a lot of us so I want to know if you have a strong preference.

Thank you.

2. Moqueen Mc

Moqueen Mc Reader

Hi Lucky,

Don't believe I mentioned we can choose between LA or BA flying direct from San Diego or LAX both business class but on a 747-81 from LAX or a smaller plane 340-300 leaving directly from San Diego. Which is most comfortable and is it worth a two hour drive for the larger plane?

Do you have a strong preference for Luthansa business over British Airways business?

Thank you.

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I think Lufthansa business is going to be better than British business so I'd definitely try to get LH over BA.

Unless you really want to fly on a 747-8, I dont think its necessary to drive 2 hours to LAX for business class. Even if you upgrade to First on LH, it's not necessary - the seat is identical across both aircraft. I'd only do the drive if being on a 747 was absolutely important.

MidSouth Skier likes this.