ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards 5/24 Rule w/ IHG Card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Landon, May 5, 2018.

1. Landon

Landon New Member

I recently was approved for the IHG Rewards Club Select (right before they switched the card to the new options). I am looking at some other Chase cards to apply for in the next six months. With my current portfolio, I would be crossing into 5 applications within the last 24 months. But I have heard that the IHG card does not count in Chase's 5/24 rule. Typically I see that written up if you're considering applying for it. But what if in my case you already have it and are looking at applying for Chase cards that do fall under 5/24 (for example Freedom or Sapphire)? Does my new IHG card count in the 5/24 total? Thanks!

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

3. Landon

Landon New Member

Tiffany likes this.