ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

5/24 Question

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Laura Ferguson, Jun 26, 2018.

1. If you were an additional card but not the applicant for a new credit card, does that count towards your 5/24 or even your credit?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

It shouldn't count towards 5/24, but it may show up on some credit reports, and you'll need to have them manually review it.

3. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

@Tiffany @Laura Ferguson: Actually, for me it DID count with Chase. About a year ago I applied for a Chase card and got outright rejected. I called the reconsideration hotline and they told me that I opened too many cards in the past 24 months (the official letter received 3 weeks later said the same). I told them that I only had 3 credit cards. They said yes, but I was also an authorized cardholder on 3 of my wife's cards, and those also count.
    As for the credit report, yes, it (being an authorized cardholder) does show up on your credit report.