ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries 1 hour 15 minutes turnaround at DOH

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by LB in SYD, Nov 5, 2017.

1. LB in SYD

LB in SYD Reader

HI All,

Hoping someone can help.

Sri Lankan have some crazy RT Biz Class fares ex-KUL to DOH, ($900 USD or so).

Being part of One World, taking one of these trips will elevate me to Gold Status in QF Frequent Flyer, which I've been wanting to achieve for a while now.

The other thing that's appealing is that if you book a code-share, many of the CMB-DOH flights are in QR Business Class, which I've never travelled in before, so that's appealing to try as well for the price.

However, I'm on limited time.
    There is one itinerary coming up where I would arrive at DOH from CMB at 2135 and then scheduled to leave DOH for CMB at 2250.

If only having cabin baggage, is 1 hour 15 minutes enough time to transit, go through security, get new boarding pass etc?

Has anyone done anything similar in DOH when doing a mileage run? Will security/airport staff think it's strange I'm coming from CMB and then flying straight back again?

Thanks for any advice!

LB in SYD.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

No Name likes this.